Tuesday, August 28, 2012

FISHEYE 5

A pretty bad picture of Beach House. They, however, were amazing.So much of this roll of film was pictures of basement dance parties. My friends and I are just cool like that. The last five were from my friend Brittany's birthday get-together. Everyone that was there was so friendly and a pleasure to be around. We all meshed together really well and I'm so excited to hang out with them all again next weekend for my friend Emma's birthday! Anytime I get my fisheye camera out around someone who's never seen it, they think it's the next best thing. Without fail, they'll me to take a whole bunch of pictures of them or others, and I honestly love doing it. This little camera is the perfect addition to parties and gatherings. I think documenting all those fun moments with friends is kind of amazing. Photos are memories in and of themselves, and they can also spark a whole series of other memories to go along with it. I feel privileged whenever someone asks me to take their picture, even if it is just a silly picture from a party.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of people have fish eye lenses now ... but I'm not sure I'm sold on it quite yet. I appreciate the lens, and the fun you can have with it, but I don't know if I would really, really like the results. I don't know--maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should just get a cheap-o lens attachment and go from there. :) I could be surprised. Actually, one of the best times I've seen a fisheye lens used are in these double exposures on Milk and Miel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are a lot of fun. I guess it depends on whether or not you like the round distorted photos. I would recommend just trying it out, because you'll never know if you like it if you don't try it!

      Delete