Thursday, January 24, 2013

LIFE AS I KNOW IT, 6

I apologize for not posting anything in a few weeks. You all must have missed my presence so much ;) When I go through long periods of time without updating like this, I genuinely miss blogging. I sort of have had a lot going on, but I certainly have been thinking of what I could post. I have been sort of in a slump; I haven't taken many photos recently or found any cool new music. So here's a post to fill you all in on what's been going on!

A few months ago, my town opened a CrossFit gym. CrossFit is one of those things that's currently "trendy" in the fitness realm and I've been eager to try it since I first learned what it was. The opening of a special gym solely for this type of exercise was so exciting. I told myself that I'd sign up for a month of classes but never really found time to fit it in my schedule until this month. With only four classes left of CrossFit Bootcamp, I've learned way more than I ever could have imagined I would in such a short period of time. Not only have I learned a lot but my body has come a long way. I've noticed my legs looking much more muscular and trimmed and I have gained a great deal of strength. I'm afraid that when I have to go back to working out in a regular gym that I'm not going to like it! I've been documenting all my workouts from class on a new tumblr that I made for health/fitness, so check it out if you're interested!

Spring semester started a few weeks ago and so far, so good. I'm taking the last few gen ed classes that my university requires. I enjoy the art class I'm currently taking, 2D design, so much more than drawing. This class allows for a lot of creative freedom and although the assignments are a heavy workload, I enjoy doing them. Honestly, I don't mind all that much that they can be challenging. My professor is really cool, which is a huge plus, and makes the course seem like less of a bother. I've been doing a lot of artistic exploring, if you will, and have discovered that I really enjoy working with conceptual art. The above photo is sort of an inspiration board for two pieces I have in the works. One I hope to finish tomorrow and start the other sometime this weekend. Stay tuned to see the end results! I'm really excited to see how these turn out!

Oh, and I have an appointment for the first session of my new tattoo next week! If I said I were excited, that'd be an understatement. I can't wait to see what my artist has drawn up for me. I just might post a sneak peek for you all ;)

Hope you've all been happy and healthy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment