Friday, December 16, 2011

LIFE AS I KNOW IT, 4

I'm finally on Christmas break! I am so excited to have nearly a month off school I couldn't even begin to explain. Since I have such a long break I've decided that I need to keep busy and productive to prevent cabin fever from setting in. I'm going to read the unread books on my shelf, work on art stuff, continue going to the gym at least three times a week, and try to hang out with my friends more often and possibly with some new people as well.

So you know how before I wrote about my terrible time public speaking? Well, now if you asked me to get in front of a crowd and talk I think I'd be perfectly fine! I had to give two more presentations this semester and I got better with each one. In my philosophy class I had to argue why I think it's wrong to eat meat. I did really well at getting my point across and the short video I showed had quite an obvious impact on the class. I was still a bit nervous and my voice was kinda shaky, but near the end I was throwing in little jokes and whatnot. For my interpersonal communications class I had to so a group presentation for my final and we did an awesome job! (we got a 100%!) I didn't even feel like I was talking in front of thirty other people. All I could do was smile whenever we finished and I felt so proud of myself. I'm glad that I was finally able to get over this fear!

Today I'm going to work on cleaning around the house, finish putting ornaments on our Christmas tree, and read a bit. I might watch a movie or two and play a little Sims Pets (omg I'm obsessed). I hope everyone has had a nice week so far! Feel free to tell me any of your plans for break, I'd love to hear :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment