12 oz of Greek yogurt – I used two containers of Chobani’s black cherry yogurt since that was what I had in the fridge, but you could use whatever flavors you wish.
3 oz of organic blueberries – Not quite an exact measurement. I had about half a container left so I just threw the whole thing in.
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder – I used Eas.
1/4 cup of TVP (textured vegetable protein) – I used Bob's Red Mill.
1/2-1 tablespoon of honey – Again, I just threw some in. You can adjust this to your liking.
recipe makes five 2.5 oz popsicles and each one has 12.4 g of protein!
1. The first thing you do is put the TVP in a food processor and blend until it’s powdery. I don’t know if everyone is familiar with what TVP actually is, so I’ll explain briefly. It’s little grains of dried and defatted soy flour that’s packed with protein. They’re crunchy, but they absorb liquid extremely well and have virtually no flavor so they work well in just about anything. This has been a huge part of my diet ever since I stumbled across it while browsing through my grocery store’s gluten free section. I add it to basically everything!
2. Add protein powder, yogurt, blueberries, and honey. Blend ingredients.
3. Spoon the mixture into a popsicle tray. I used this one by Progressive International.
4. Stick the tray in the freezer for… a while. I wasn’t really paying attention to the time when I froze the popsicles and I just left them there overnight.
5. Enjoy! Note: To make it easier to remove popsicles, run warm over the tray.