Tuesday, October 9, 2012

LIFE AS I KNOW IT, 5

It's been quite some time since I've written about what's going on in my life. This may or may not be a bad thing, but I almost never talk about myself or how I'm doing. If someone asks me, "How are things?" I'll answer without elaborating much or at all. It doesn't make for great conversation. Anyway, here goes my first personal post in a long time.

I've posted before about how I was struggling with a drawing course I'm in, but now I've got another problem. I want to be an art therapist and in order to do that I have to have a background in a variety of different forms of art. A few weeks ago I discovered that I have to take nine courses for my studio art minor, whereas most minors at my university consist of six courses. At first I thought, "It's okay. I can do it." but then the feelings of doubt and wanting to give up set in. Feeling overwhelmed, I stopped by one of my professor's office today for some advice. What she suggested was that maybe to prevent becoming burnt out on art by the time I graduate, I could take an extra semester to finish with my minor. Instead of being finished with my degree in the spring of 2015, I'd be done in the fall. Honestly, that's not really something I want but it's certainly not the worst. I really think that once I get passed the drawing classes, I'll be a lot stressed out about my minor. There's just so many prerequisites that must be completed before I can enroll in the courses I really want to take. Art therapy is something I really desire and I now know that I'm willing to go through all the hard work that's required. I never realized that the road to my dream would be so difficult, but I knew it wouldn't be easy by any means. I just need to keep my chin up and I know that the more work I do now, the happier I'll be with my accomplishments when I graduate!

This is completely unrelated to school, but I got a new tripod! My mom was kind enough to buy me a new one after my other one broke. She bought me a Manfrotto, which basically puts all other tripods to shame. It can be adjusted to be taller than I am and is really simple to use. That's me playing with it in the photo shown above. It's heavy, but extremely durable so it's not going to break if I drop it like my other one did. The only drawback is that they're a bit expensive. The quality is well worth the price, though, but they have a wide range of products at a pretty decent range of prices. I'm so thankful that my mom was nice enough to spend so much money on a tripod that I'll most likely be using for the rest of my life. I would highly recommend looking into Manfrotto if you're looking to buy a high quality tripod!

Enough about me. I've still got schoolwork that I need to do. I hope you all are having a lovely day, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment