Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE HORRORS - NEW VIDEO & LIVE EXPERIENCE

video directed by White Rabbit

This is probably my favorite song from the Horrors' new album Skying, so I'm thrilled that they made it a single. The video's full of amazing visuals and is just so captivating. Can this band do any wrong?

A few months ago I found out that they'd be touring to support the new album. They've never played in my area so I figured that they wouldn't this time around either, but I checked the tour dates just in case. Crazily enough, St. Louis was on the list and I was ecstatic. Whenever the band released their first album they were going to play here but had to cancel their US tour because it ended up being too expensive. After that and the multiple tours excluding my city I figured that I'd probably never be able to see them live. The fact that I actually did blows my mind.

I saw them on the 23rd of September and it was perfect, better than I ever could have imagined. They played for a little over an hour and all of the music came to life in a completely new way. The whole time I felt like I was dreaming; the music took over everything. I was really curious to find out how they'd recreate some of the sounds they use, but they did to my surprise and sounded even better than the CDs. 

After the show, my friend and I got the chance to say hi to them and have a chat with Tom and Faris. I felt that it was necessary to say thanks for playing here and that the show was well worth the five years of waiting. They were both blown away that we had waited that long to be able to see them live and actually thanked us. They were so pleasant, sweet, and charming; just all around good people.

I still can't believe that this concert really happened. They've been one of my favorites ever since their early days of garage rock and they just keep getting better with each new album and new sound. It's really rare that I'm still interested in something after that long but the way they're constantly evolving, keeps me drawn in and never bores me. It's really funny to look back and see how different I am now than how I was when I was in 8th grade when I first discovered the Horrors; the same goes for how much the band has changed. 

I'd definitely recommend that you see them live if they're ever in your area or take a listen to their new album if you haven't yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment